Infused Reading Response

The reading “Disrupting What is Meant to be Literate” mainly talks about educator can use social media as a powerful tool to connect with students and how to guide learners to use social media to improve themselves, such as searching information online.

I highly agree that the internet and social media can be powerful tools to develop a more innovate and disruptive classroom. As a Health Information(HI) Science student, it is important to constantly learn more about health information related knowledge not only through lectures, coursework and textbooks but also on the internet. Courses in university teach me a lot of fundamental theories and concept, but the internet has much more information regarding the newest developments or the most recent trends of HI technology. I can advance my knowledge by searching on the internet on my own time. Also, another way to self-learning is to follow the leaders, high-profile companies and other key influencers on social media channels to learn more about the latest and greatest in HI strategies.

1. Kajol Bains

Hi Keena,
    As a HINF student myself I could not agree more with your post. Since being able to go on co-ops I’ve been able to notice first hand how professors allowing us to use technology in class, helped so much in the real world.

2. Annie Huang

Hello, Keena, I agree with you. Internet and social media can help us meet difficulties in study and increase our knowledge points, because what is taught in class is only basic knowledge, which is relatively simple.

3. Grace

Hi Keena, being in the Health Information Science program as well, I definitely agree with you, we are not taught everything in the classroom, there are somethings we can only learn online, through following people in our field of study.